dimanche 29 janvier 2012

Bibliophile


…these potatoes have as much the flavour of a Moor Park apricot as the fruit from that tree. It is an insipid fruit at the best. - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
He needed no further reason to dislike Cleopatra: intelligent women who had better libraries than he did offended him on three counts.—Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A LifeShe jerked away from me like a startled fawn might, if I had a startled fawn and it jerked away from me. -Raymond Chandler
Breakfast in bed this morning was a little decadent, but starting off on a happy note makes the rest of the day go that much smoother. And I love Zadie Smith’s book reviews for Harper’s.
*Images by Juliette Tang

Cannot believe I only stumbled upon Juliette Tang's most amazing collection of book photography today! I am in love with her juxtaposition of images and quotes, and how she illuminates the aesthetic front of a shared literary obsession.

You can see her tumblr here and flickr here.


13 commentaires:

Merveilleux ▲ a dit…

So very lovely! Cannot believe i never found out about her work either..

scarletbegoniia a dit…

oh my goodness. thank you for this!!

Kiki Gray a dit…

really lovely!

megcasson a dit…

really beautiful photos

- kindoflovely.com

lucia-gct a dit…

I love your blog!
x

Jess P a dit…

Wow, these are beautiful. Thanks for the link.
Jess

http://www.roamkix.blogspot.com

Sodesu a dit…

all those photos are beautiful!

dylanatthebeach a dit…

i just came across your blog today and i must say i love it! so peaceful.

www.dylanatthebeach.tumblr.com

Unknown a dit…

Thanks for sharing this! I absolutely love her photography. Love your blog as well, check mine out, shall we follow eachother?

xo
ejc

stilettobeats.blogspot.com

Meaghan a dit…

Your blog is the equivalent of curling up with a cup of tea and virginia woolf. I love everything about it. Your Paris guide has given me some new things to do too, and I LIVE here! Thanks for being so awesome.

Meaghan

Dania @ Always Dania a dit…

these are absolutely beautiful!

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

Alice a dit…

that last picture is too cute

Ella a dit…

wow, these shots are breathtaking! :D